Thursday, November 27, 2008

Today's cooking - ma cuisine du jour

I had another urge to cook today. With our friends arriving from Montreal for the week end, I figured it would be a good thing to have bread and a few other things ready before the week end. So here I am trying a new recipe for bread. I usually use this one but because I wanted to make walnut bread, I basically replaced the milk with red wine, as suggested in other recipes, and added some walnuts to the flour! We'll see how it goes!

And to continue in my comfort food series decides to roast a load of veggies in the oven, for over an hour until they are all soft and caramelized. So for this time, here are the veggies I had but you can most definitly create your own mix: Purple carrots, sweet potatoe, red peppers, eggplant, zucchinis and tomatoes. It's still in the oven, and will likely be served for dinner tonight.

And since one exciting cooking hour wouldn't be complete without desert, I just made a super simple chestnut ice cream. I found the recipe on marmiton.org, you simply need to mix a small can of chestnut puree with 200grams of whipping cream, then add the egg yolk, and finally add the egg white beaten till solid. Then transfer to the ice cream maker and churn until desired consistency is reached. Store in the freezer. Enjoy:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home